Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Visual Studio Orcas Beta 1: No New Image Library, yet

So recently I started using the included Visual Studio 2005 Image Library. It is really nice and has tons of good toolbar icons, which is what I wanted. I had read on a post on Microsoft's website that there would be even more updated new icons released with Orcas though. So I took the time, and used the space, to download all 8 pieces of the DVD version, extracted it, and installed it. Turns out that if you go to the directory where the Image Library is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\VS2005ImageLibrary" you will notice it's still VS2005.

I literally downloaded the whole 6 or 7 GB DVD of Orcas Beta 1 just for a new Image Library... and then there wasn't one. So I uninstalled Orcas. Maybe when Beta 2 comes out there will be a new Image Library.

Right now it's not that I don't have interest in what Orcas and what .NET 3/3.5 has to offer it's just that I can't use it on my website project, since the hosting provider is .NET 2.0 and I can't use it with XNA, yet. So for now I just wanted a new Image Library... So it goes

No comments: